Harvey Jacobs Fabrics – Terms and Conditions
ANY PARTICIPATION IN THIS SERVICE WILL CONSITITUE AS ACCEPTANCE OF THIS AGREEMENT.
By accessing and using this service, you accept and agree to be bound by the terms and provisions of this agreement. In addition, when using these particular services, you shall be subject to any posted guidelines or rules applicable to such services. If you do not agree to abide by the terms, please do not use this service. You must be over the age of 18 to make use of Harvey Jacobs Fabric services.
- Payment is due on receipt of an invoice unless otherwise stated.
- Payment due through a tag on the Facebook group is due immediately, however fabric is cut in order of payment. Delayed payment may result in the requested fabric no longer being available and Harvey Jacobs cannot be held responsible for disappointment on limited stock. In the event of a fabric selling out, payment will be refunded unless otherwise requested (e.g. due back in imminently.)
- Preorder payment terms will be stated on a case by case basis.
- Items will be shipped within 3-5 business days of a postage request due to DPD pick up scheduling.
- Drop box postage will be calculated at the end of the month, overages or underpayments in paid postage will either be refunded or requested at this time.
- Dropbox may only run from the first of the month to the last of the month. These dates may be adjusted by Harvey Jacobs Fabric for all customers due to, for example, holidays. However, exceptions on an individual basis cannot be made.
- You may cancel your order up to 14 days after order has been received. Harvey Jacobs Fabric cannot accept returns requests outside of this window. Eligibility for cancellation will be lost if the fabric has been washed, cut or used in any way. Fabric must be returned in the exact condition it was shipped in, return postage will not be covered by Harvey Jacobs Fabric. Refund will be processed within 14 days of receipt at Harvey Jacobs Fabric.
- Notification of a flaw in fabric must be made to Harvey Jacobs Fabric within 7 days of receipt of an order.
- Flaws will be considered in line with industry standards which is as follows:
- Fabric outside of the advertised width is considered selvedge and any flaws found in this section will not be eligible for refund.
- If you discover a flaw beyond the selvedge area that cannot be covered by a 10 pence piece, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org within 7 days of receiving your fabric so that a return can be arranged.
- Due to the nature of stretch, some shrinkage is liable to occur. Every effort is made to cut over the metre to ensure even with relaxing you should receive the length of fabric. Occasionally the fabric continues to shrink after cutting and shipping, this is not unusual for stretch fabrics and the industry tolderance is 5%. If you discover the fabric is shorted by more than 5% PRIOR TO WASHING please contact email@example.com within 7 days of receiving your fabric so a return or discount can be arranged. Harvey Jacobs Fabric cannot be held liable for shrinkage due to the washing process used so please check your fabric prior to washing and follow manufacturers recommendations for care instructions.
Custom Preorder Terms and Conditions
- Cancellation policy does not apply to custom fabric preorders due to the order being of a custom nature and printed at the request of the customer.
- T&Cs relating to custom rounds will be adjusted and posted with each new custom round and will supersede terms in this document, please refer to the relevant round where relevant.
Grounds for termination of Service, Account and Group Membership
- The ethos of Harvey Jacobs Fabric is of utmost importance and treat all customers and members with the utmost respect. In turn, we expect all members to conduct themselves to the same standard to maintain the nature of the group. Therefore, we reserve the right to terminate any member’s account and group membership without notice for behaviour we deem inappropriate, including but not limited to: Bullying, harassment, abusive behaviour, non-payment, scamming, etc.
- We may terminate your access to the Site, Group and/or Page, without cause or notice, which may result in the forfeiture and destruction of all information associated with your account. All provisions of this Agreement that, by their nature, should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity, and limitations of liability.
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) comes into force across the European Union on 25th May 2018 and brings with it the most significant changes to data protection law in two decades. Based on privacy by design and taking a risk-based approach, the GDPR has been designed to meet the requirements of the digital age.
The 21st Century brings with it broader use of technology, new definitions of what constitutes personal data, and a vast increase in cross-border processing. The new Regulation aims to standardise data protection laws and processing across the EU; affording individuals stronger, more consistent rights to access and control their personal information.
Harvey Jacobs (‘we’ or ‘us’ or ‘our’) are committed to ensuring the security and protection of the personal information that we process, and to provide a compliant and consistent approach to data protection. We have always had a robust and effective data protection program in place which complies with existing law and abides by the data protection principles. However, we recognise our obligations in updating and expanding this program to meet the demands of the GDPR.
Harvey Jacobs are dedicated to safeguarding the personal information under our remit and in developing a data protection regime that is effective, fit for purpose and demonstrates an understanding of, and appreciation for the new Regulation.
Policies & Procedures –
Data Protection – We do not share or sell your personal details to anyone, your details and information are only available to our small team and used appropriately in order to fulfil your order or address any queries or issues you may have. All of our team are aware of the above.
Data Retention & Erasure – We have erasure procedures in place for web orders to meet the new ‘Right to Erasure’ obligation and are aware of when this and other data subject’s rights apply; along with any exemptions, response timeframes and notification responsibilities.
Data Breaches – our breach procedures ensure that we have safeguards and measures in place to identify, assess, investigate and report any personal data breach at the earliest possible time. Our data policy is explained to all admin members/employees. If you wish to report a data breach please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Legal Basis for Processing – we are reviewing all processing activities to identify the legal basis for processing and ensuring that each basis is appropriate for the activity it relates to. Where applicable, we also maintain records of our processing activities, ensuring that our obligations under Article 30 of the GDPR and Schedule 1 of the Data Protection Bill are met.
Information Security & Technical and Organisational Measures
Harvey Jacobs takes the privacy and security of individuals and their personal information very seriously and take every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure the personal data that we process.
- These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of United Kingdom and are in compliance with Consumer Contracts Regulations 2014.
- The Site and its original content, features, and functionality are owned by Harvey Jacobs and are protected by international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.